The information in this section are taken from the Red Cross website Not ready to return home yet. The original source can be found here.
1.My family and I aren’t ready to return home yet, are we still eligible to receive financial assistance?
Yes. All evacuees affected by the wildfires in Alberta and registered with the Canadian Red Cross are entitled to receive assistance. If you are not returning home at this point, but require additional assistance, please contact 1-888-350-6070 or one of the following email addresses based on your location outside of Alberta:
- Québec: email@example.com
- Ontario: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Brunswick: email@example.com
- Nova Scotia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newfoundland: email@example.com
- Prince Edward Island: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manitoba: email@example.com
- Saskatchewan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Columbia: email@example.com
- Please be sure to capture the following information: Your Red Cross registration number, your name, phone number, current location in province, and type of possible assistance required.
- Include the following as the subject line: “AB-Fires – [insert your location]”
- A Red Cross representative will follow up with you as soon as possible based on the details you provide by email.
People within Alberta can visit the Red Cross office closest to you. Here are the locations:
- Calgary Branch – 1305 11 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta
- Edmonton Branch – 9931 106 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- Grande Prairie Branch– 109 – 10014 102 Street, Grande Prairie Alberta
- Lethbridge Branch – 335 Columbia Boulevard West, Lethbridge, Alberta
- Medicine Hat Branch – 398 Aberdeen Street SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Red Deer Branch – 105, 5301 43 Street, Red Deer, Alberta
- Standoff Branch – c/o Blood Tribe, Standoff, Alberta
- High River Branch – 117 Macleod Trail SW, High River, Alberta
Our teams will work to connect you with Red Cross personnel in the province you are currently residing in.
2. My family and I aren’t ready to return home yet, are we still eligible to receive transportation home when we are ready?
Yes. At this time, there is no deadline to arrange for this travel.
3. My family and I aren’t able to return home yet, will the Red Cross cover the cost of our rent/mortgage payments?
Please contact the Red Cross office nearest to you to arrange for a confidential one-on-one personal assessment to see how we can meet your needs moving forward. If you need the contact information for the Red Cross office nearest to you, please call 1-888-350-6070.
4. My family and I plan to return home in xx amount of days, how do we arrange for travel then?
All bookings must be made by visiting http://albertacrc.cortravco.com/ or by calling 1-888-539-6918. Agents will be able to book your travel arrangements in advance. At this time, there is no deadline to arrange for this travel.