The information below was obtained from Atco Gas. The original document can be downloaded from here.
ATCO employees are working hard to restore electricity and natural gas to customers in the region. It may take several days for an ATCO representative to visit your home or business due to the high volume of requests. Every effort is being made to help ensure the safe re-entry into your home or business. Thank you for your patience.
INFORMATION REGARDING NATURAL GAS
To assist in the recovery of your natural gas please follow these steps:
- Visit ATCOResponds.com and submit the Natural Gas Service Request Form to arrange for an ATCO representative to visit your home or business to restore natural gas service. If you don’t have internet access, visit a Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Welcome Centre to speak directly with an ATCO representative or call ATCO’s Customer Assistance Centre at 310-5678.
- Once you have submitted the online form or contacted the call centre, place the enclosed ORANGE placard in a window of your home that is highly visible from the street.
The ORANGE placard will tell ATCO you’re inside and may allow our crews to respond to your service request sooner if we are in the area. You must be present for a representative to enter.
- ATCO employees wearing company-issued photo identification will visit homes and businesses to do a natural gas safety inspection, relight natural gas appliances and ensure they are working properly.
- Visits will take place between 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. and take approximately 15 minutes for residential customers and up to an hour for business customers.
- There is no charge for this service.
In the unlikely event customers arrive home and smell natural gas, you should leave the building immediately and call the Gas Emergency line toll-free at 1-800-511-3447 or call 911.
INFORMATION REGARDING ELECTRICITY
- Please go through your house and unplug any unnecessary appliances to reduce the load and assist ATCO in restoring electricity quickly to the entire region.
- If you don’t have electricity, please check your main electric panel and breaker – a blown fuse or tripped breaker could be the cause. Simply moving any tripped switches to the ‘on’ position can restore electricity. If this doesn’t restore electricity to your home, please call the Electricity 24/7 emergency outage line at 1-800-668-5506.
- Note: ATCO is unable to identify, house by house, how long your electricity was out, therefore please assume all perishables are no longer fit for consumption.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- For customers who have contacted their retailer to end electricity or natural gas service please call them to reactivate the account. For customers who have not contacted their electricity or natural gas retailer, no further action is required. Billing for ATCOenergy customers in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo has been suspended.
- Fire damage to some of ATCO’s infrastructure means that regular electricity and natural gas service to some customers in the region cannot be resumed at this time.
- The ATCO Utility Restoration Map provides information on electricity or natural gas service located at ATCOResponds.com.