The information below was obtained from Atco Electric. The original document can be found here.
INFORMATION REGARDING ELECTRICITY
- If you don’t have electricity, please check your main electric panel and breaker – a blown fuse or tripped breaker could be the cause. Simply moving any tripped switches to the ‘on’ position can restore electricity. If this doesn’t restore electricity to your home, please call the Electricity 24/7 emergency outage line at 1-800-668-5506.
- Note: ATCO is unable to identify, house by house, how long your electricity was out, therefore please assume all perishables are no longer fit for consumption.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- For customers who have contacted their retailer to end electricity or natural gas service please call them to reactivate the account. For customers who have not contacted their electricity or natural gas retailer, no further action is required.
- Fire damage to some of ATCO’s infrastructure means that regular electricity and natural gas service to some customers in the region cannot be resumed at this time.
- The ATCO Utility Restoration Map provides information on electricity or natural gas service.
FORT MCMURRAY OUTAGES
The following information is general in nature, for specific information about the present electricity status at any specific property please visit the ATCO Utility Restoration Map. Please note that we are still working to assess damage in the Fort McMurray area, and cannot guarantee accuracy of the information below, this is the best information we have available at the moment. More areas may be added as the information becomes available.
Due to the active nature of the wild fire, and other events, there may be small areas within each neighborhood where the following information is not accurate. Please refer to the map for real-time electrical service to your home.