The content below was obtained from the Alberta Health Services website Wildfire Resources. The original can be found here.
If you’re in the Wood Buffalo area and need immediate assistance, phone 911. If you’re not in immediate danger, you can contact the Wood Buffalo RCMP at 780-788-4000.
Primary Care Networks
Evacuation Centre Resources
For the latest information on evacuation/reception centre locations visit alberta.ca/emergency.cfm
AHS has health care staff in evacuation/reception centres in Edmonton and Calgary, including mental health supports, home care supports, EMS care and pharmacy services.
Air Quality and Smoke
MyHealth Alberta has a number of resources about air quality and smoke:
Boil Water Advisories
- Visit our Environmental Public Health Information for Business page and choose “Drinking Water, Boil Water Advisories and Water Sampling”
- Boil Water Advisory: How to Use Water Safely in Your Home (Download PDF)
- Storing Water during a Boil Water Advisory (Download PDF)
- More Wildfire Recovery Resources
Evacuees who have personal identification and a means to pay can:
- Visit any community pharmacy and have their prescriptions looked up online through Netcare
Evacuees without personal identification should visit an evacuation centre:
- Medical staff or pharmacists will assess patients and either administer necessary drugs or provide a bridging prescription, with directions to community pharmacies that can assist them
If you or someone you know has been evacuated and requires home care support please call Health Link at 811.